Factors To Consider When Hiring A Removalist
The government in Australia has done a great job in the housing sector, providing decent homes to first owners and to those who could hardly afford it. The dilemma that future homeowners will have to face next would be the issue around moving to their permanent homes.
Moving houses is a stressful activity that needs to be done. Most families will need help in fulfilling this endeavor and therefore trusted movers who have years of experience should be hired to avoid unwanted circumstances in moving and lessen the stress that comes with it.
Hiring a removalist like a removalist gold coast is the smartest move you can ever do when finally moving to your dream home. But it’s not just about hiring, you must make sure that the removalist you hire is carefully screened to reduce stress and ensure a smooth transfer of furniture and other valuables.
When Picking A Removalist
There tend to be a number of facts to consider when picking a removalist. In this post. Here are a few things that you should consider.
Ensure that you:
- research prices and evaluate rates.
- verify precisely what is or is not contained in the price package.
Make sure to ask the following:
- If pricing is dependent on the time spent in hauling or in the number of goods to be transferred.
- See if they are a registered member of the AFRA or the Association of Furniture Removers in Australia
- The responsibilities they will have to take on from start to finish
- Find out if there are extra charges in storage or if it is covered in cases of delay
- Know if there are payments required upfront – is it full payment or partial payment
Note: Payments that are required up front are risky. Shop around for removalist companies who don’t require for upfront fees.
Sealing the deal
Prior to sealing the deal in contract, you will have to make sure that you have read and understood the entire contract. What is included, what is not included, and what are fees and charges involved? Find out the following:
- what precise information is included in the services
- does it include unpacking and packing
- exact time and date as to when picking up and delivery will occur. Make sure that they guarantee delivery on schedule.
- what happens if there are missing items listed on the inventory sheet.
- is there insurance to cover loss or any damages?
Obtaining an insurance plan
You want to have an insurance plan in place in cases of loss or damage of items. Without an insurance plan in place, the moving process can be risky.
The majority of removalists have insurance plan only for vehicles they own in case of accidents. You will likely require your own personal insurance plan for probable damage or loss of items.
You will want to have before and after pictures of your items to ensure that moving has been done in the most careful and responsible manner. This will also prove as evidence for items lost or damage.
While the government has plans to provide affordable housing to its citizens, it is our responsibility to hire the right people during the moving process. Planning is essential so as to make the process smooth sailing. Finally, you will want to have insurance to cover the safety of your items.