The Role of the Government: What it Does, Why it Matters and How It Affects You
The government is a system of organizations that are in charge of governing the country you live in. It comes in many shapes and sizes. These include federal, state and local governments. Governments have four main roles and these are discussed in the following:
It’s the government’s duty to enforce laws and punish those who break them. The United States has a federal law enforcement agency called the FBI which handles issues such as terrorism, public corruption, organized crime and white-collar crime.
This refers to the government’s duty to protect its citizens from harm. In America, this is mainly done by police officers and firefighters.
This role refers to the government’s duty to teach its citizens about how to live in society and prepare for the future. This includes things such as schools, libraries, and universities.
For this particular function, the government provides medical care for its citizens or pays for their healthcare if they can’t afford it themselves. This is often done through organizations like Medicare and Medicaid in America.
All these roles are carefully drafted using MS office 2019 Professional Plus document and constantly updated to fit the country and citizen’s needs.
How It Affects Your Daily Life?
The government affects your daily life in many ways.
It creates and enforces the laws that govern you. It also provides public services, such as education and healthcare, to help people live better lives.
Here are some specific ways it impacts your life every day:
- The government builds roads and bridges.
- The government regulates the industry of healthcare to make sure everyone has access to it.
- The government is responsible for enforcing the law, which includes providing security and public safety.
- The government regulates businesses and industries like agriculture, energy, education, etc., which helps make sure they operate in a fair way.
- The government educates citizens on how to make their country a better place by providing free preschools, schools and universities.
Why Government Matters?
It is important to understand the role of your government. Government helps provide security, public safety, healthcare, and education. They help to protect citizens and regulate activities within the country’s borders.